Throughout the 2017 season, The Buffalo News will track the performances of players from both Western New York and local colleges who are currently in the NFL. Here are their results in Week Five:
• Eagles S Corey Graham: The Buffalo native returned to the lineup after missing two games with a hamstring injury and had one tackle in a 34-7 win over the Arizona Cardinals. He played 40 defensive snaps (67 percent) and 11 on special teams (39 percent).
• Eagles DE Steven Means: The Buffalo native and University at Buffalo graduate played three defensive snaps (5 percent) and 10 on special teams (36 percent) in the Eagles' win, although he did not record any statistics.
• Browns C J.C. Tretter: The Akron product started and played all 76 offensive snaps for Cleveland in a 17-14 loss to the Jets. Tretter signed with the Browns this offseason after spending the first four years of his career with the Packers, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
• Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski: The Amherst native was inactive for the Patriots' 19-14 win over Tampa Bay because of a thigh injury.
• Titans P Brett Kern: The Grand Island native punted a whopping 10 times for 549 yards in a 16-10 loss to Miami. Kern averaged 54.9 gross yards, an excellent 50.2 net yards and had a long punt of 71 yards. Four of his punts were placed inside the Dolphins' 20-yard line. The Titans allowed 47 yards on seven punt returns.
• Titans RB David Fluellen: The Lockport native played two snaps on offense (3 percent), but 25 snaps on special teams (81 percent) in the loss to the Dolphins. He made one tackle on special teams.
Local college players
• Raiders DE Khalil Mack (University at Buffalo): The No. 5 overall pick in the 2014 draft by Oakland, Mack had eight tackles in a 30-17 loss to Baltimore. He played 57 defensive snaps (86 percent) and seven on special teams (26 percent).
• Panthers TE Chris Manhertz (Canisius): A former basketball player at Canisius, Manhertz played 29 offensive snaps (44 percent) and nine on special teams (28 percent) in a 27-24 win over Detroit. He did not record any statistics.
• Chargers RB Branden Oliver (UB): Oliver was inactive for the first time this season in his team's 27-22 win over the Giants.
Note: Former UB tight end Mason Schreck is on injured reserve with the Bengals because of a knee injury.