The following are scheduled:
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services will offer the following career seminars. Call for a reservation:
Oct. 16, 3 p.m., Tonawanda, 2427 Sheridan Dr. Call Charlene Zoratti, 837-7500.
Oct. 18, 6 p.m., Orchard Park, 6505 E. Quaker Rd. Call Curtis Neureuter, 662-2000.
Oct. 18, 6:30 p.m.; Oct. 21, 11:30 p.m.; Williamsville, 914 Maple Rd. Call Nan Malysza, 432-5659.
Oct. 19, 3 p.m., East Aurora, 280 Main St. Call Tom Roaldi, 655-1655.
Oct. 20, noon, Grand Island, 2139 Grand Island Blvd. Call Charlene Zoratti, 773-1900.
Oct 20, noon; Oct. 21, 11 a.m., Amherst-Clarence, 6000 Sheridan Dr., Call Sue Chaskes, 912-1979.
Oct. 21, 11 a.m., Lockport, 5665 S. Transit Rd. Call Jim Watson, 434-8458.
Paragon Home Loans will host free workshops at the branch located at 1780 Wehrle Dr., Suite 100, Williamsville.
All begin at 4 p.m. Call for a reservation:
Oct. 16, Eric Hansen will host FHA Streamline Refinance will closing costs paid by the lender over $100,000. Call 949-1912.
Oct. 17, Marla Hansen will host Home Equity/Loans with free credit reports and home valuations. Call 932-7896, ext. 106.
Oct. 18, Major Hansen USAFR will host VA Homebuying with nothing down, sellers’ concessions and property tax discounts. Call 949-1012.
Oct. 19, Marla Hansen will host Pre-Qualification Certificates for those qualified. Call 932-7896, ext. 106.
Oct. 20, Eric Hansen will host individual meetings for first time homebuyers on credit requirements, closing funds and co-borrowers. Call 949-1912
The Buffalo Investors & Exchangors Group meets on Oct. 17, at the Millennium Hotel, 2040 Walden Ave. Topics include, “How to Double or Triple Your Real Estate Portfolio,” and “21 Most Common Mistakes Made by Landlords.” The meeting is free and open to the public. Registration is
at 6:45 p.m., the meeting begins at 7 p.m. Call 675-1500 for a reservation.
The Cusack Center for Professional Development will offer:
• NYS Salespersons 75-Hour Qualifying Course. 4-Week Evening & Saturdays. Program Starts 10/23/17 and meets Monday & Wednesday, 5:30-10:30 p.m.; Saturday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Runs through 10/20. Cost: $499 includes all materials.
• R-7: Residential Market Analysis & Highest & Best Use. 15 hours & exam. Cost $249. Text included. Part of NYS Certified Residential Appraisal qualifying requirement. Meets Tuesday & Thursday; 5:30-10:30 p.m. on 10/24, 10/26 & 10/31.
• Home Inspection Module #3: Mechanicals of the House: Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. 25 hours & exam. Part of NYS Home Inspection qualifying requirement. Meets Tuesday & Thursday; 5:15-10:15 p.m.; 10/24 through 11/09. Cost: $450. Text separate.
• Housing Patterns & Fair Housing Laws, 3.75-Hour NYS approved Real Estate & Appraisal Continuing Education. Meets 10/26, 9 a.m. -2:45 p.m. Mandatory Fair Housing requirement for all Real Estate Licensees. Discussion will include protected classes, compliance with Fair Housing laws at the federal, state and local levels of government. Open to the public. Cost: $40.
• Agency & the Real Estate Transaction (3.75). Mandatory NYS requirement. Meets 10/26, 1 p.m.-4:45 p.m.. Real Estate Continuing Education only. Cost: $40.
• Comparing Residential & Commercial Structures. 3.75 Hour NYS approved Real Estate, Appraisal, Home Inspection & Assessor Continuing Education. Meets 10/27, 9:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Topics include contractors, materials, warranties, inspections and other concerns. Open to the public. Cost: $40.
• Property Defect Disclosure. 3.75-Hour Real Estate, Appraisal, Assessor & Home Inspection Continuing Education. Meets 10/27/17, 1-4:45 p.m. Acquire practical & professional guidance in understanding the nature of material defects that might compromise your sale, appraisal, assessment or home inspection. Fulfill the duty of reasonable care & avoid liability pitfalls in your transactions. Open to the public. Cost: $40.
To register or to inquire about future course offerings, all 683-4080 or visit cusackcenter.com.