The wait is over.
Here is How The News Voted in this week's Buffalo News large and small schools football polls.
1. Canisius (5-1). Crusaders spoil Homecoming at Ohio state-ranked No. 16 Masillon Washington, an event that featured fireworks and two real-life baby tigers in the house at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium. Another tough road test awaits Canisius Friday at perennial state power Rochester Aquinas.
2. Lancaster (6-0). Secured top seed for Class AA playoffs with win at Jamestown. But before the quest to repeat as Section VI champion begins next week, the Legends' most important game of the season to date looms Friday at arch-rival Depew.
3. W. Seneca West (6-0). Nothing like facing a rival in an important division game to tune up for the postseason. A win Friday over W. Seneca East secures Class A South and a No. 1 seed for postseason.
4. South Park (6-0). Sparks rally again to post second straight road win at division rival to keep outside shot at claiming Class A South crown alive.
5. Williamsville North (6-0). Unbeaten Spartans are locked in as No. 2 seed in Class AA playoffs.
6. Grand Island (5-1). Another statement win by the Vikings in shutting down Sweet Home's big-play offense.
7. Starpoint (5-1). Major bounce back triumph by Spartans over the same Williamsville South team that beat Grand Island, which beat the Spartans.
8. Williamsville East (4-2). Another comeback win by the playoff-bound Flames. Solid team. They deserve to be ranked.
9. St. Francis (2-4). Red Raiders rally to win league opener and snap three-game losing streak. Tough nonleague schedule helps.
10. St. Joe's (2-4). Tough loss at St. Francis for the Marauders who are better than their record indicates.
1. Cheektowaga (5-1). Warriors take down East Aurora/Holland. Bring on Maryvale.
2. Dunkirk (6-0). Defending Section VI Class B champions come through again in big game, edging unbeaten Albion for division title.
3. Maryvale (6-0). Flyers tune up for rivalry week by routing Lew-Port. Bring on Cheektowaga.
4. Franklinville/Ellicottville (6-0). One win away from flawless regular season.
5. Lackawanna (5-1). Another win secures home-field edge through the first two rounds of sectional playoffs.
6. Albion (5-1). Close loss at Dunkirk is an attention-getter. Depending on how this week's slate shakes out, postseason-bound Purple Eagles could draw the same Marauders in the quarterfinals.
7. Cleveland Hill (5-1). Eagles have put themselves in a golden position to clinch Class C North title and top seed for the postseason after two straight division road wins by combined score of 102-6.
8. Newfane (5-1). Panthers secure first playoff berth since 1993 and, if the scenarios fall into place, could potentially host a first-round game.
9. Southwestern (4-2). Trojans return to the win column after suffering back-to-back close losses to defending Section VI champions Cleveland Hill and Dunkirk.
10. Maple Grove (5-1). The Red Dragons have responded to first loss to a Western New York foe in four years by winning three straight, including victories over rival Randolph/Frewsburg and previously unbeaten Clymer/Sherman/Panama.