How they fared
- Canisius* (2-1): Beat Bishop Timon/St. Jude, 78-0. Next: Friday vs. St. Joe’s at New Era Field, 7 p.m.
- Lancaster* (3-0): Beat Orchard Park, 43-20. Next Saturday at Niagara Falls, noon.
- West Seneca West (3-0): Beat Iroquois, 49-17. Next Friday vs. Hamburg, 7 p.m.
- South Park (3-0): Beat Perry Traditional Academy (Pa.), 42-0. Next Saturday vs. McKinley, 1 p.m.
- St. Joe’s (2-1): Lost to V-Aquinas, 65-56. Next Friday vs. Canisius at New Era Field, 7 p.m.
- Starpoint (3-0): Beat North Tonawanda, 55-27. Next Friday vs. Kenmore East, 7 p.m.
- St. Francis (1-2): Lost to Walsh Jesuit (Ohio), 34-14. Next Saturday at V-Aquinas, 1 p.m.
- Williamsville North (3-0): Beat Niagara Falls, 40-14. Next Friday vs. Orchard Park, 7 p.m.
- Sweet Home (3-0): Beat Kenmore West, 48-44. Next Friday at Williamsville East, 7 p.m.
- Williamsville South (2-1): Lost to Williamsville East, 27-24. Next Friday vs. Grand Island, 7 p.m.
- Cheektowaga (2-1): Beat Pioneer, 36-0. Next: Friday at Alden, 7 p.m.
- Dunkirk (3-0): Beat East Aurora/Holland, 49-6. Next: Friday vs. Olean, 7:30 p.m.
- Maryvale (3-0): Beat Olean, 29-14. Next: Friday vs. Burgard/MST, 7 p.m.
- Medina (2-1): Lost to Newfane, 34-6. Next: Friday vs. Lackawanna, 7:30 p.m.
- Maple Grove (2-1): Lost to Franklinville/Ell., 26-6. Next: Friday at Chautauqua Lake, 7 p.m.
- Alden (2-1): Lost to Lackawanna, 24-7. Next: Friday vs. Cheektowaga, 7 p.m.
- Southwestern (3-0): Beat Allegany-Limestone, 38-0. Next: Saturday at Cleveland Hill, 2 p.m.
- Franklinville/Ell. (3-0): Beat Maple Grove, 26-6. Next: Friday vs. Salamanca, 7 p.m.
- Olean (2-1): Lost to Maryvale, 29-14. Next: Friday at Dunkirk, 7:30 p.m.
- Lackawanna (3-0): Beat Alden, 24-7. Next: Friday at Medina, 7:30 p.m.
*-Tie in points
-- Joe Andreessen rushed for two touchdowns, finished with nine tackles, a half a sack and blocked a field goal for Lancaster during a 43-20 win over Class AA rival Orchard Park.
-- In the same game, Ben Damiani returned a pick-six 30 yards, blocked a kick, made nine tackles, including three for losses and recorded a sack for Lancaster.
-- Matt Myers of West Seneca West passed for 290 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 124 and two scores in leading the Indians to a 49-17 road win over Iroquois.
-- Maurice Robertson threw touchdown passes of 52, 50 and 25 yards for Sweet Home during a 48-44 comeback win over Kenmore West. In the same game, Sam Roby rushed four times for 139 yards and two touchdowns for the Panthers.
-- Joe Shifflet's 60-yard catch-and-run touchdown provided the winning points for Williamsville East in a 27-24 comeback win over rival Williamsville South.
-- Semaj Clemons rushed six times for 150 yards and two touchdowns to lead Bennett to a 44-8 rout of Lockport.
-- D'Jae Perry rushed 10 times for 243 yards and four TDs and made eight tackles on defense during St. Mary's 27-7 win over reigning Section V Class C champion and private school Bishop Kearney.
-- Aaron Wahler rushed for 139 yards and three touchdowns for Cleveland Hill during a 30-26 comeback win over V-University Prep.
-- Anthony Robinson rushed 12 times for 150 yards and two touchdowns as Starpoint remained unbeaten with a 55-27 win at North Tonawanda.
-- Burgard improved to 2-1 with a win over Lew-Port as Tony Maple passed for 175 yards and two touchdowns.
-- Jake Sarow rushed for 181 yards and two touchdowns as Akron defeated Wilson, 28-21.
-- Nathan Murdie threw four touchdowns and ran for another during Kenmore East's 36-30 win over Amherst.
Western New York's biggest rivalry is renewed, except this time it's under the Friday Night Lights, as Canisius takes on St. Joe's at New Era Field at 7 p.m. Also on the docket Friday, Williamsville East hosts its first game at its remodeled facility with unbeaten Sweet Home serving as the opponent. Defending Section VI Class B champion Dunkirk hosts Olean, while unbeaten Maryvale hosts Burgard. In Class AA, Orchard Park makes its second straight trip north as it will face Williamsville North. On Saturday, Southwestern visits Cleveland Hill in a rematch of last year's Section VI Class C title game, while South Park hosts McKinley at All High Stadium in a Class A South clash.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this weekend’s games. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games. Check out photo galleries from this weekend’s games and look at past galleries capturing riveting images from training camps as teams prepared for the 2017 season.