Fans of football and day drinking will be crawling along Hertel Avenue on Sunday.
Billed as “Bills and Booze. A love story,” the first Step Out Buffalo Game Day Bar Crawl is expected to draw 600-1,000 people to 10 participating bars on Hertel, according to Emily Kluckhohn, director of storytelling for Step Out Buffalo.
About than 450 people have purchased $10 presale tickets available until 11:30 am. Tickets at the door will cost $15.
“It’s going to big a beautiful weekend, so we’re looking forward to having a big crowd,” Kluckhohn said.
“Step Out Buffalo is on a mission to create more unique, awesome events in the area based on things we would want to go to ourselves. This happened to be one of those events we felt we needed during the first Bills away game.”
Similar events have drawn more than 1,100 crawlers to Canalside, Kluckhohn said.
The “choose-your-own-adventure-style” crawl will start at noon at North Park Theatre, where participants (21 and older) will receive wristbands valid until 6 p.m. for specials at the follow bars:
• The Burning Buffalo Bar & Grill (1504 Hertel Ave.)
• Deep South Taco (1707 Hertel Ave.)
• Mo’s Place (1318 Hertel Ave.)
• The Public House of Buffalo (1206 Hertel Ave.)
• The Sidebar (1459 Hertel Ave.)
• The Wellington Pub (1541 Hertel Ave.)
• The Sterling (1487 Hertel Ave.)
• Gecko's Bar & Grille (1464 Hertel Ave.)
• MAC’s on Hertel (1435 Hertel Ave.)
• Més Que (1420 Hertel Ave.)
The first 300 patrons will receive Step Out Buffalo hangover kits (a drawstring bag filled with chips and water). There will also be Labatt Zubaz giveaways. Attendees can get discounted LYFT rides using the promo code: STEPOUTBUFFALO17.
Story topics: Bills bars