Niagara Falls toddler falls out 2nd floor window - The Buffalo News

Share this article

print logo

Niagara Falls toddler falls out 2nd floor window

NIAGARA FALLS - An 11-month-old boy was injured Wednesday when he fell to the ground from the second-floor of a home, officials said.

The child, identified as Liam Jacobson by a relative, was being treated for a fractured skull at Women and Children's Hospital in Buffalo following the 11 a.m. incident at 2003 Walnut St., Niagara Falls police said. Police said the child was crying when officers arrived. Police said the child fell through a floor-level, 2-foot-high opening in the living room wall where a window once was. An unlocked set of thin louvered doors stood in front of the opening.

Police and Child Protective Services have interviewed the child's mother.

The city's Department of Code Enforcement condemned the building afterwards. Code enforcement director Ray Dashineau said investigators found unsafe living conditions inside and no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors. Residents cannot stay there, he said.

There are no comments - be the first to comment