Throughout the 2017 season, The Buffalo News will track the performances of players from both Western New York and local colleges who are currently in the NFL. Here are their results in Week One:
• Eagles S Corey Graham: The Buffalo native had two tackles in Philadelphia's 30-17 victory over Washington. Graham played 18 of 63 defensive snaps (29 percent) and 13 snaps on special teams (50 percent). Graham signed with Philadelphia after spending the past three seasons with his hometown Bills.
• Eagles DE Steven Means: The Buffalo native and University at Buffalo graduate was inactive for Philadelphia's victory over Washington.
• Browns C J.C. Tretter: The Akron product started and played all 66 offensive snaps for Cleveland in a 21-18 loss to the Steelers. Tretter signed with the Browns this offseason after spending the first four years of his career with the Packers, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
• Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski: The Amherst native had two catches for 33 yards in New England's 42-27 loss to Kansas City. Gronkowski played 78 of 81 offensive snaps (96 percent).
• Titans P Brett Kern: The Grand Island native punted four times for 188 yards in a 26-16 loss to the Raiders. He averaged 47.0 gross yards and 40.8 net yards, placing two punts inside the Raiders' 20-yard line and having one go for a touchback.
• Titans RB David Fluellen: The Lockport native played 15 snaps on special teams (50 percent) in the loss to the Raiders. He did not record any statistics.
Local college players
• Raiders DE Khalil Mack (University at Buffalo): The No. 5 overall pick in the 2014 draft by Oakland, Mack had three tackles, including two that went for a loss, and one pass defensed in the win over Tennessee. He played all 64 defensive snaps and another five on special teams (17 percent).
• Panthers TE Chris Manhertz (Canisius): A former basketball player at Canisius, Manhertz played 12 offensive snaps (18 percent) and seven on special teams (35 percent) in a 23-3 win over San Francisco. He did not record any statistics.
• Chargers RB Branden Oliver (UB): Coming back from a torn Achilles, Oliver ran four times for 10 yards in a 24-21 loss to Denver. He was targeted once in the passing game, but it was incomplete. Oliver played 11 offensive snaps (19 percent) and seven on special teams (27 percent).
Note: Former UB tight end Mason Schreck is on injured reserve with the Bengals because of a knee injury.