I know you're all curious, especially since I did not post one of these last week (sorry about that), but here's How the Buffalo News voted in the Week Two football polls.
1. Canisius (1-1). The rule I tend to follow is if a team steps up in class and doesn't get embarrassed, I don't penalize it in the poll should it stumble since in the big picture, that team is trying to prepare for a postseason run. A seven-point loss on the road at one of the heavyweight programs in football-crazed Pennsylvania qualifies as a step up and not getting embarrassed.
2. Lancaster (2-0). A week after the Legends put up 49 points on Bennett, the reigning Section VI champions take the short trip to Lockport and blast the Lions, 53-0. Class AA championship game rematch against Orchard Park on tap for Friday at Foyle/Kling Field.
3. West Seneca West (2-0). Can't wait to see what this team looks like when it's firing on all cylinders. The Indians weren't flawless Friday (at least four dropped passes) but still defeated a good team on the road by double-digits.
4. St. Joe's (2-0). Two games, two blowout victories for the Marauders, who look to shine under the prime-time lights at New Era Field on Friday against longtime state power Aquinas of Rochester.
5. St. Francis (1-1). Red Raiders rebound from last-second loss via field goal to McDowell (Pa.).
6. South Park (2-0). Head to Pittsburgh for nonleaguer having outscored first two opponents 72-7.
7. Starpoint (2-0). Spartans potentially control their own destiny in quest to win third straight Class A North crown after beating Kenmore West. They don't face fellow unbeaten Sweet Home though due to more teams than league games on schedule in division.
8. Williamsville North (2-0). The other Spartans are enjoying an unbeaten start but two tough tests in consecutive weeks loom in roadie to Niagara Falls and home game versus Orchard Park.
9. Williamsville South (2-0). Billies lighting up area scoreboards as they follow up win at Class AA's Clarence by dispatching Kenmore East, also on the road.
10. Iroquois (1-1). Back to back 200-yard rushing games for CJ Perillo has Chiefs off to 2-0 start in Class A South, including win at always tough West Seneca East.
1. Cheektowaga (1-1). Class B heavyweight loses to a Class A school. Meets step up in class rule I follow. (Also reveals who I voted for as No. 1 last week.)
2. Medina (2-0). Head into newly remodeled Vets Park opener 2-0.
3. Dunkirk (2-0). Defending Class B champions quietly head into home opener coming off wins over always tough Depew and Springville.
4. Maryvale (2-0). Beat tough Pioneer team on night only Connolly Cup winner in Maryvale history was honored.
5. Alden (2-0). Big game at Lackawanna on Saturday for the always tough to play Bulldogs.
6. Maple Grove (2-0). Just two losses over last 16 games – both to out of area teams.
7. Olean (2-0). Game-changing-plays Huskies were at it again in win over Fredonia/Westfield/Brocton.
8. Southwestern (2-0). Class C runner-up used strong second quarter to pull away from Silver Creek/Forestville.
9. Franklinville/Ellicottville (2-0). From a potential bye week to scoring nonleague win over a suburban Pittsburgh, Titans look determined to return to Class D final.
10. Cleveland Hill (1-1). After tough opening loss to Class B contender and rival Maryvale, Golden Eagles respond by pouncing on host Wilson.