How they fared
- Canisius (1-1): lost to Bishop McDevitt (Pa.), 28-21. Next: Saturday vs. Bishop Timon-St. Jude, 2 p.m.
- Lancaster (2-0): beat Lockport, 53-0. Next: Friday vs. Orchard Park, 7:30 p.m.
- McKinley (1-1): lost to West Seneca West, 35-13. Next: Friday vs. West Seneca East, 7 p.m.
- South Park (2-0): beat Amherst, 42-0. Next: Saturday at Perry Traditional Academy (Pa.), 2 p.m.
- St. Joe’s (2-0): beat Cardinal O’Hara, 41-14. Next: Friday at V-Aquinas, 7 p.m.
- Starpoint (2-0): beat Kenmore West, 49-14. Next: Friday at North Tonawanda, 7 p.m.
- West Seneca West (2-0): beat McKinley, 35-13. Next: Friday at Iroquois, 7 p.m.
- St. Francis (1-1): beat V-University Prep, 32-14. Next: Saturday vs. Walsh Jesuit (Ohio), 2 p.m.
- Williamsville South (2-0): beat Kenmore East, 44-27. Next: Friday vs. Williamsville East, 7 p.m.
- Williamsville North (2-0): beat Williamsville East, 35-18. Next: Saturday at Niagara Falls, 2 p.m.
- Cheektowaga (1-1): lost to Sweet Home, 40-35. Next: Friday at Pioneer, 7 p.m.
- Maryvale (2-0): beat Pioneer, 27-13. Next: Friday at Olean, 7 p.m.
- Medina* (2-0): beat Tonawanda, 26-15. Next: Friday vs. Newfane, 7:30 p.m.
- Dunkirk* (2-0): beat Springville, 31-8. Next: Friday vs. East Aurora/Holland, 7:30 p.m.
- Maple Grove (2-0): beat Salamanca, 34-6. Next: Friday vs. Franklinville/Ell., 7 p.m.
- Alden (2-0): beat Barker/Roy-Hart, 41-18. Next: Saturday at Lackawanna, 1 p.m.
- Franklinville/Ell. (2-0): beat South Allegheny (Pa), 36-19. Next: Friday at Maple Grove, 7 p.m.
- Southwestern (2-0): beat Silver Creek/Forestville, 28-0. Next: vs. Allegany-Limestone, 7 p.m.
- Olean (2-0): beat Fredonia/WB, 28-13. Next: Friday vs. Maryvale, 7 p.m.
- Cleveland Hill (1-1): beat Wilson, 48-7. Next: Saturday vs. V-University Prep, 2 p.m.
*-Tie in points
- Khalil Horton rushed 13 times for 187 yards and three touchdowns and also returned an interception for a score during Lackawanna’s 52-14 win over Eden/North Collins on Saturday.
- Josh Brooks caught three passes for 98 yards and two touchdowns, made eight tackles, a sack and forced and recovered a fumble for Starpoint during its 49-14 victory at Kenmore West in a Class A North battle on Saturday.
- Lancaster quarterback Ryan Mansell completed 10 of 11 passes for 301 yards and three touchdowns as the defending Section VI Class AA champions rolled past Lockport.
- West Seneca West quarterback Matt Myers accounted for four touchdowns, including three rushing, and completed 10 passes for 193 yards during the Indians’ 35-13 triumph over McKinley in Class A South action Friday.
- In the same game, receiver Juston Johnson had a nifty 58-yard catch-and-run touchdown to highlight a day in which he finished with five receptions and 134 yards.
- Aaron Smith passed for 285 yards and three touchdowns to lead Bennett to a 36-14 win over Frontier in a Class AA clash.
- Sophomore Logan Klice rushed for 200 yards during Allegany-Limestone’s 47-0 rout of Portville.
- Marquell Wells rushed 20 times for 166 ya• rds and two touchdowns in Williamsville North’s 35-18 win over Williamsville East.
- CJ Perillo rushed for more than 200 yards for the second straight game, amassing 207 on 29 carries during Iroquois’ 30-13 win over Hamburg.
- Josh Foster had another big day for Williamsville South as the signal-caller passed for 183 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 86 yards and a score in a 44-27 win over Kenmore East.
- Devaun Farnham-DeJesus caught a 79-yard touchdown and finished with 112 yards receiving for Dunkirk in a 31-8 win over Springville.
- Kenyatta Huston rushed 14 times for 113 yards and a touchdown for Canisius during a 28-21 loss at Pennsylvania power Bishop McDevitt in Harrisburg.
- West Seneca East's Jacob Maurino scored five touchdowns – including four via rushes of 27, 1, 51 and 3 yards during the Trojans' 41-0 win over Lake Shore.
- Another early start to the week as Hutch-Tech visits Frontier Thursday night.
The action heats up on Friday with defending Class AA champion Lancaster hosting Orchard Park at 7:30 p.m. in a rematch of last year’s Section VI final. Maryvale hits the road and faces Olean, St. Joe’s meets Rochester power Aquinas at New Era Field, and West Seneca West visits Iroquois in a clash between Class A South unbeatens.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this weekend’s action, including photo galleries and a live blog of how things transpired. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.