A Lockport real estate broker admitted she failed to warn a family about lead paint exposure in the home they were buying, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced Thursday.
One year later, their child was diagnosed with lead poisoning, according to officials at the office.
Maureen S. Walck, 72, a broker with RealtyUSA, pleaded guilty Thursday before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeremiah J. McCarthy to failure to provide lead paint hazard warning notice, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Walck had listed a Lockport home built around 1900 and the owner was aware lead-based paint hazards were present, officials said. The owner showed Walck a copy of the inspection reports.
But when the contract was drawn up, it indicated the seller had no knowledge of the hazards and there were no records. The sale closed in April 2014, and the child's diagnosis came in September 2015, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Sentencing was set for Dec. 11.