Walden Galleria is almost done crossing projects off its summer to-do list.
- Novelty gift shop and apparel retailer BoxLunch has opened on the upper level near J.C. Penney. It sells licensed and non-licensed pop culture merchandise such as "Game of Thrones" T-shirts, Harry Potter mugs and Star Wars waffle makers. For every $10 spent in the store, the company donates money to hunger relief charity Feeding America.
- Women's retailer Free People has reopened in its new location, filling 2,300 square feet on the lower level near H&M.
- A remodel of the Oyishi Japan quick-service restaurant in the mall's food court has been completed, as has the makeover and expansion of its LUSH Cosmetics store.
Other mall projects are still in the works.
- DXL, a men's big and tall clothing and shoe retailer, will begin construction on its new store in September to prepare for its fall opening on the lower level near Apple.
- The Galleria will also add Verizon retailer Cellular Sales this fall. The 996-square-foot store will also be located on the upper level near J.C. Penney.
- Zara is still on target to open this winter in a double level store, part of which will be located in the recently closed Banana Republic. The highly anticipated Spanish fast-fashion retailer will take up more than 30,000 square feet on the upper and lower levels.