Share this article

print logo

National Grid worker recovering after being shocked working on new utility pole

A National Grid line worker was recovering at Erie County Medical Center Thursday after he suffered an electric shock Wednesday while doing work on Glenwood Court in Cheektowaga, officials said.

Cheektowaga police said the man was part of a crew installing a utility pole. He was taken to Erie County Medical Center, police said.

A National Grid spokesman said a worker was injured "in the course of performing his job," and taken for treatment.

"Our employee’s condition has improved since yesterday," National Grid officials said Thursday. "His family is by his side and he is in good spirits. We will continue to support him on his road to recovery."

There are no comments - be the first to comment