Kaden Mitchell, the 7-year-old Niagara Falls boy seriously injured in an attack by two rottweilers last month, will be released from Women and Children's Hospital Thursday afternoon, according to a spokesperson for the hospital.
It will be the first time Mitchell has been allowed to leave the hospital since his attack on June 6, said Michael Hughes, a spokesman for Kaleida Health, which runs the hospital.
Kaden was kept in a medically induced coma for a week after the attack, according to his grandfather, Roy Gregory.
The boy is believed to have suffered a stroke in the hospital and had stents placed in his neck arteries at Gates Vascular Center, Gregory said. Gregory said the boy received 250 stitches and 250 staples to close the wounds in his head, face and neck inflicted when the dogs attacked him in the backyard of the 70th Street home of his aunt Keri Ann Sweatman.
She turned the two dogs over to the SPCA to be euthanized on June 8.
WIVB posted a video of the boy dancing in his hospital room after he learned he was being discharged from the hospital.
Great news for Kaden Mitchell! The 7-year-old attacked by two Rottweilers in Niagara Falls is set to leave the hospital today, and you can tell he's happy about that!
Posted by News 4 WIVB Buffalo on Thursday, July 6, 2017