Share this article

print logo

Dryer fire causes $2,000 in damage to Old First Ward home

A dryer fire caused $2,000 in damage early Sunday afternoon to a home in the Old First Ward, Buffalo fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to the 2½ story home at 54 South St., at the corner of Tennessee Street, just before 1 p.m. for a report of fire on the first floor, officials said.

The fire began in a clothes dryer and spread before the blaze was extinguished, officials said.

Damage was estimated at $1,000 to the building and $1,000 to its contents. The cause remains under investigation.

There are no comments - be the first to comment