Lackawanna residents face a full slate of candidates this election season with open City Council seats in the First, Second, Third and Fourth Wards and a City Court judgeship up for grabs.
The Lackawanna Democratic Party Committee Chairman David Iafallo said the committee recently endorsed the following:
- First Ward council member: Mohamed Albanna, a 47-year resident, father of nine and manager of a wholesale distribution company.
- Second Ward council member: Incumbent Councilwoman Annette Iafallo, a retired small business owner.
- Third Ward council member: W. Richard Leonard, owner and operator of Mucci’s Collision on Abbott Road.
- Fourth Ward council member: Kevin Surdyke, who was appointed to this council seat this year after former Councilman Keith Lewis became council president.
- City Court judge: Kenneth Szyszkowski, former Lackawanna firefighter, Buffalo police officer and civil litigation attorney.