Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott broke from meetings Wednesday to call "The Tim Graham Show" on Sports Radio 1270 The Fan.
We learned a lot about McDermott's philosophies on installing his program, sports psychology and long-range plans.
Among the topics covered with me an ESPN.com's Mike Rodak:
- The first crucial steps to establishing a new culture
- Dealing with the organization's "this is how we do it around here" mentality
- Where fan expectations should be
- Correcting roster shortcomings from having the most expiring contracts in the NFL and the fewest number of their own draft picks.
- What place analytics have in McDermott's program
- Training camp vision
- Number of quarterbacks to keep
McDermott's support staff continues to look encouraging. The Bills named Brandon Beane general manager last week and have since added assistant GM Joe Schoen (Sunday from the Miami Dolphins), vice president of player personnel Brian Gaine (Tuesday from the Houston Texans) and pro personnel director Malik Boyd (Wednesday from the Arizona Cardinals).