Meet the seven candidates running for three seats on the Williamsville School Board during a forum at 7 p.m. Thursday in the District Office Boardroom, 105 Casey Road, East Amherst.
Candidates will make opening statements, then respond to questions submitted by audience members, who will be asked to write down questions on index cards. The session concludes about 9 p.m. with each candidate making a brief closing statement.
The seven candidates for three-year terms are:
- Julie Algubani, a paralegal for Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo.
- Shonda L. Brock, a medical sales worker.
- Michael J. Littman, chairman and associate professor of the business department at SUNY Buffalo State.
- Susan D. McClary, a semi-retired teacher.
- Liam T. O’Mahony, director of sales and marketing for Niagara International Sports & Entertainment Center.
- Kurt R. Venator, a veterinarian.
- Philip S. Meyer, an attorney.
Current board members whose terms are expiring -- Patricia Losito, Michael Schmidt and Ronald Shubert -- are not seeking re-election to the nine-member board.
The forum is hosted by the Williamsville PTSA Council and moderated by the League of Women Voters. The forum will be preceded by a special School Board meeting and a hearing on the proposed $186.1 million budget for 2017-18 at 6 p.m.
The School Board election will be held with the annual district budget vote on May 16. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Williamsville North High School gymnasium, 1595 Hopkins Road, Williamsville.