Ellicott Development Co. plans to turn a former North Buffalo lumber property into warehouses.
The Buffalo-based development company owned by Carl and William Paladino has sought city Planning Board approval to demolish three former warehouse buildings at 1941 Elmwood Ave., while reusing two other existing buildings on the east side of the property along Botsford Place.
The goal is to capitalize on a shortage of industrial and distribution space in the Buffalo area.
The 8.5-acre property, located just north of Hertel Avenue and adjacent to Elmwood Regal Center, was formerly occupied by Frontier Lumber. Part of it was previously used by Buffalo Roofing. The five buildings are vacant.
Ellicott would renovate one 14,400-square-foot building for reuse as a warehouse, while the second facility – at 40,424 square feet – would be turned into retail and warehouse space. Plans also call for paving and striping the lot around the two buildings to handle 135 parking spaces, as well as new lighting and landscaping.
The company hopes to construct new buildings on the land closer to Elmwood in the future, but would seek separate approval for those later, William Paladino wrote in a letter to the Planning Board.
The next Planning Board meeting is May 8.
Story topics: Shared