The Buffalo Bills didn't have to look far for one of their first undrafted free agents.
The team will sign University at Buffalo running back Jordan Johnson, according to a tweet from the player's agent, Brett Tessler.
Jordan Johnson (RB, Buffalo) is signing w/the Buffalo Bills despite offers from several other teams.. Great opportunity w/his hometown team!
— Brett Tessler (@TesslerSports) April 29, 2017
Johnson, a Sweet Home graduate, rushed for 1,040 yards and six touchdowns on 200 carries for a 5.2 yards-per-carry average as a senior. He was named All-Mid-American Conference third team. Johnson had the best game by a running back in UB history when he rushed for a school-record 282 yards against Akron last October.
Here are the latest reports of undrafted free agents who will sign with the Bills. None of these have been confirmed by the team, and as such should not be considered official. Tweets from players also may refer to invitations to rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, and not an actual signed contract.
• West Virginia WR Daikiel Shorts: The Mountaineers' senior had 63 receptions for 894 yards and five touchdowns in 2016.
Daikiel Shorts to Buffalo Bills on undrafted rookie deal
— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) April 30, 2017
• Nebraska WR Brandon Reilly: A former walk-on, Reilly had 21 receptions for 412 yards and two touchdowns as a senior in 2016.
Buffalo bound ✊🏼Excited to start this new chapter @buffalobills
— B. Reilly (@brandonreilly87) April 29, 2017
• West Georgia CB Marcus Sayles: A pre-draft visitor to the Bills, Sayles had 12 career interceptions and owns the national record for career blocked kicks with 13.
I'M OFFICIALLY A BUFFALO BILL‼️ pic.twitter.com/q9RDri0FsP
— Marcus Sayles (@NBA_XIX) April 29, 2017
• Tennessee TE Jason Croom: A 6-foot-5, 246-pounder, Croom ran a 4.69-second 40-yard dash at the Volunteers' Pro Day. He had problems with drops and will have to continue to develop as a blocker, but he averaged 13.6 yards on 60 catches in his college career.
All I wanted was an opportunity #BillsMafia
— Jason Croom (@j_croom18) April 29, 2017
• West Virginia S Jeremy Tyler: He had 56 tackles and a pair of interceptions as a senior.
— Jeremy Tyler 2️⃣ (@Man_on_amission) April 29, 2017
• Louisville TE Keith Towbridge: Primarily a blocking tight end, the 6-4, 262-pounder had 21 catches for 280 yards and a pair of touchdowns for the Cardinals.
— Keith Towbridge (@_unclekeef) April 29, 2017