Share this article

print logo

Smoke inhalation blamed in death of man, 63, in Kermit Avenue fire

A 63-year-old man died Thursday night in house fire on Buffalo's East Side, according to the Buffalo Fire Department.

The man, whose name has not been released pending notification of family, died of smoke inhalation, authorities said. He was found in the kitchen of his first-floor flat at 45 Kermit Ave., off Bailey Avenue near East Delavan Avenue.

The Red Cross was called to help two adults who lived in the upstairs unit of the 2 1/2-story house,  according to the fire department.

Investigators believe the fire started in a rear bedroom on the first floor of the home and traveled up the walls and into the attic.

The cause of the blaze, reported at 6:43 p.m., is under investigation. However, investigators said Friday that foul play is not suspected at this time. Damage was estimated at $80,000.

 

There are no comments - be the first to comment