- Win or else. Yes, if the Bandits lose in Toronto their playoff hopes aren't completely, finally done. But they could see it from there. A great deal would have to break in their direction to keep them alive, and that's asking a lot. Winning this game would mean you could still hear their pulse. Remember, two losses this weekend and the Bandits' hopes are finished.
- Beating the best. Here's a fact that you might not have realized about Buffalo's season. The Bandits have five wins to their credit. Four have been against teams with losing record. The exception was a home game against Toronto. And the team has four games left - all against teams with winning records at the moment.
- New standout. Tom Schreiber is the Rock's leading scorer this season. He's a rookie and a Princeton graduate. Schreiber has 28 goals and 52 assists for 80 points.
- Surprise! Looking ahead a day - we knew Georgia had plenty of offensive talent. We didn't know the Swarm would be so much better this season, jumping from third place last season to probably division champion. Some insiders have their doubts about Georgia's defense, but they are really tough to outscore. A win on Saturday night by the Swarm wraps up a division title.
- Home-field advantage. The Bandits shouldn't feel too intimidated in Georgia. The Swarm has averaged less than 4,000 per game, and are only ahead of Vancouver in attendance. The move from St. Paul didn't make a great deal of sense at the time to many, because of the lack of lacrosse tradition there. Not much to change opinions since then.
The game is on WGR 550 (Bisons are on 1520), with John Gurtler on the call. I'll be on Twitter starting at 7 or so, and I'll be happy to chat with you that way before the game.