Share this article

print logo

Apartment stove fire leaves one man dead

An early morning fire that started by accident in a Jamestown apartment left one man and his dog dead.

At 1:04 a.m. Sunday, the Jamestown Fire Department responded to a report of smoke and found the upper apartment at 119 Myrtle St. on fire.

Firefighters made their way into the apartment and found the male victim and his dog inside. Emergency personnel from Jamestown Fire and Alstar Ambulance tried to resuscitate the victim and the animal at the scene.

The 39-year-old man was transported to WCA Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The pet also perished as a result of heavy smoke in the apartment.

The cause of the fire – which has been ruled an accident – was the result of food being left unattended on the stove.

Police did not immediately release the name of the victim.

 

There are no comments - be the first to comment