With a new coach in Sean McDermott, the Buffalo Bills are afforded a bit of a head start.
The NFL grants teams with new head coaches the ability to begin their offseason workout program April 3, which is two full weeks before those teams with returning head coaches.
The Bills announced Thursday that their offseason program will indeed start that day. The rest of the team's offseason program is as follows, with the dates listed being those open to the media. There is no public viewing during spring practices – typically one of the sessions per week is open to reporters:
• Thursday, April 20: Voluntary veteran minicamp
• Friday, May 12: Rookie minicamp
• Thursday, May 18: Organized team activity
• Thursday, May 25: Organized team activity
• Thursday, June 8: Organized team activity
• Tuesday, June 13-Thursday, June 15: Mandatory minicamp