Hotel dryer fire causes $25,000 damage - The Buffalo News

Share this article

print logo

Hotel dryer fire causes $25,000 damage

A dryer fire Sunday at a hotel in Amherst caused $25,000 in damage.

After receiving a fire alarm activation at the Staybridge Suites, 1290 Sweet Home Road, firefighters from the Getzville Fire Co. arrived on the scene at 6:15 to find a dryer in a first-floor laundry room on fire and heavy smoke filling the hotel. A second alarm was called to assist with the removal of smoke from all six floors of the hotel, according to fire officials. Several neighboring volunteer fire companies provided mutual aid. No injuries were reported and no occupants were displaced because of the fire.

Damage was confined to the dryer and its contents, fire officials said.

The cause of the fire remained under investigation Monday by the Amherst Fire Inspector's office.

Story topics: / /

There are no comments - be the first to comment