Cornell Cooperative Extension of Niagara County will host several homesteading classes in the coming weeks designed to help participants on the path to greater and healthier self-sufficiency. You can take one or more than one class, and do not need to be a county resident.
All class supplies are included with the class fee, unless otherwise noted. Preregistration and prepayment is required for each class. Class sizes are limited. To register, call 716-433-8839.
Here’s the spring lineup:
– Raising Meat Rabbits: 6 to 8 p.m. March 23. $15
– Make Mozzarella Cheese: 6 to 8 p.m. April 6. Cheese-making class for beginners who look to make cheese in their own kitchen. $20.
– Pollinator gardens: 6 to 8 p.m. April 20. Lure hummingbirds, butterflies and other pollinating insects in your garden. $15.
– Master Food Preserver Training: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 2 to 4. Three expert master food preservers teach the scientific basis of home food preservation and show you how to make jams and jellies, pickle and ferment. All class materials will be provided. Lunch each day is also included. $375.
– Gardening in Small Spaces: 6 to 8 p.m. May 18. $15.
– Make Mozzarella Cheese: 6 to 8 p.m. June 1. $20.
– Introduction to Beekeeping: 6 to 8 p.m. June 20. A beekeeper will introduce you to the tools and information you need to set up your own hives. $15.