Radio Shack will close 187 stores across the country, seven of which are in Western New York.
The Texas-based electronics retailer has filed bankruptcy for the second time in two years and will close 12 percent of its 1,500 locations. The stores in Western New York are:
- Martin’s Plaza, 3953 Vinyard Drive in Dunkirk
- Mid-City Plaza, 1029 Payne Ave. in North Tonawanda
- Niagara Consumer Square, 7312 Niagara Falls Blvd. in Niagara Falls
- Chautauqua Mall, 318E Fairmont Ave. in Lakewood
- Wegman’s Plaza, 1593 Military Road in Niagara Falls
- Town Hall Plaza, 6050 South Park Ave. in Hamburg
- Southside Plaza, 714 Foote Ave. in Jamestown
Each of those locations are advertising inventory clearance sales. The stores will close as soon as inventory is liquidated, Radio Shack said.
That leaves five Radio Shack stores in the Western New York market, on Delaware Avenue in Buffalo, on Union Road in West Seneca, on Transit Road in Lockport, on Brockport Spencerport Road in Brockport and on Plaza Drive in Olean.