NIAGARA FALLS – A Zito Drive man was hospitalized late Saturday after overdosing on inhalants in the restroom of a Subway restaurant, police said.
Eric J. Bartram, 39, was charged with criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument and inhalation of toxic vapors. He was taken to Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center for treatment and psychiatric evaluation, police said.
Police said Bartram arrived at the Niagara Falls Boulevard business about 7:30 p.m., told employees he was waiting for someone and then went into the restroom. About an hour later, an employee attempting to clean the restroom discovered the door locked, police said, and 911 was called.
Fire crews, who had to pick the lock, discovered Bartram, still conscious, with two empty cans of keyboard cleaner aerosols nearby. Police said they also found a hypodermic syringe on him.
Story topics: Shared