Daemen College in Amherst later this month will open its renovated, centralized Alumni House to the public.
The college late last year finished renovations to the Alumni House, which houses the Office of Institutional Advancement. The move allowed Daemen to consolidate fundraising, alumni relations, publications and special events operations that were scattered in three other buildings on campus.
The Alumni House sits in the back of the Daemen campus, along Getzville Road between the Business Building and the new Honors House. Daemen acquired the house in 1971 when the school was known as Rosary Hill College. The house once served as the presidential residence and for the past few decades was home to a small number of Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity, the college’s founding congregation.
Renovations to the 2,600-square-foot house, which was built in 1917, included reconfiguring space for nine offices, a reception area and a meeting and event room. The college made electrical and technological improvements while retaining original features such as fireplaces, hardwood floors and a wooden staircase.
The Alumni House grand opening will be held from from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 21. Daemen President Gary Olson will make remarks and refreshments will be served.