1. Pat Saunders will make his debut for Buffalo as the team play a home-and-home series with the Knighthawks. Saunders was acquired from New England this past week, and the team hopes he can add a spark to the offense.
2. Rochester has started slowly this season, going 3-6 and is tied for last with New England in the NLL East. The Knighthawks are missing Cody Jamieson, who is out for the season with a knee injury. Jamieson is one of the league's best players when he's healthy.
3. The Knighthawks have two players who are tied for the team lead in scoring, and one is familiar. Joe Resetarits, who has 30 points, is a former member of the Bandits and a Hamburg native. Josh Currier also has 30 points.
4. The Bandits restocked their practice squad this week. Brier Jonathan and Zack Tomkinson had tried out for the team in training camp, and are now back with the team. Tim Edwards and Justin Martin have been moved to the full-time roster; they had been considered practice squad players who had been activated.
5. Buffalo fans can enjoy a double-header in Blue Cross Arena on Saturday. The Bandits play at 1 p.m., while the Rochester Americans - the Sabres' minor-league affiliate - are in action at 7:05 p.m. against Bridgeport.
Don't forget that Friday's game starts at 7 p.m. I will be along at 6 for comments and questions on Twitter. The radio broadcast will be moved to 550 AM for both Friday night and Saturday afternoon.