Scotty Bowman, the greatest coach in hockey history and with nothing to prove to anybody, still scouts NHL games.
He's 83 years old and although the NHL trade deadline passed Wednesday afternoon, the Chicago Blackhawks' senior hockey operations advisor drove to a Tampa Bay Lightning game to scout players.
That's when Bowman joined "The Tim Graham Show" to discuss the deadline, hockey history and even a little football. Highlights include:
- What we've learned at the deadline about the state of the NHL
- His greatest trade-deadline acquisition as a general manager
- His memories of when the Red Wings traded for Dominik Hasek
- The NHL's all-century team and a Buffalo player who should've been on it
- What makes Bill Belichick so great
- The blurring of coach-GM responsibilities in sports
The man with 14 Stanley Cups was full of stories that make you feel smarter for having heard them.
You can catch the entire 25-minute interview here: