(Through Sunday's games)
1. St. Joe's hockey. Tie in rivalry game versus Canisius may have snapped winning streak but the Marauders still are unbeaten in their last 15 (14-0-1) entering this Thursday's huge clash against Original Eight rival Williamsville North at Northtowns Center. St. Joe's is ranked second in the state, while North is third. St. Joe's won earlier meeting before Christmas.
2. Cardinal O'Hara girls basketball. The Hawks' state tour is over – for now. They have earned a little bit of an extended break after playing six games (3-3) in eight days in three cities (including New York City), capping a run of four games in as many days with a loss at state-ranked Mercy of Rochester without one of their top players last Saturday.
3. Williamsville South basketball. Both boys and girls teams are ranked No. 2 in the Buffalo News Large School polls. Boys may have dropped tough three-point decision to defending state Class AA champion Aquinas during 2-1 week but still have an argument for being ranked first. Billies own wins over current No. 1 St. Francis, fourth-ranked Bishop Timon-St. Jude and No. 5 Amherst. Billies' girls team won only game of the week in blowout fashion at Jamestown.
4. Lake Shore girls basketball. Defending Section VI champions entered Monday's game against East Aurora trying to earn their seventh win over a ranked opponent. Raeann White scores and soars to become Eagles' all-time leader in points.
5. Sweet Home indoor track. Boys and girls teams sweep Class B titles at Section VI team championship meet. Sweet Home boys have a-top four time or distance in 10 events among the Western New York leaders. The girls team has athletes ranking among the top five in 10 events.
6. St. Francis basketball. Red Raiders have won seven of their last eight to move into first place in the aptly dubbed "No Nights Off" Monsignor Martin High School Athletic Association. St. Francis is 3-1 against ranked News Large School foes in that stretch.
7. Canisius swimming. The Crusaders head into Tuesday's All-Catholic championship meet at Erie Community College vying for their 15th straight title fresh off last week's rivalry win over St. Joe's.
8. Niagara-Wheatfield wrestling. Falcons add second-place finish at Class AA Tournament to the team title they won at the Section VI Dual-Meet Championship.
9. Orchard Park swimming. Alec Hoch wins two events as Quakers follow up ECIC AA championship by capturing the Section VI Class A Tournament team title last weekend.
10. Bishop Timon-St. Jude basketball. Tigers beat the clock twice to end Park's reign as No. 1 in boys' basketball poll. Joe Harrison three to force overtime from half-court finds nothing but net and is worthy of more highlight-reel treatment.
High honors: Alden rifle, Amherst boys basketball, Amherst girls basketball, Chautauqua Lake boys basketball, Clarence boys and girls bowling, Clarence wrestling, Depew girls basketball, East Aurora winter sports, Ellicottville boys basketball, Falconer wrestling, Franklinville boys and girls basketball, Frontier girls bowling, Kenmore West girls bowling, Lancaster track and field, Lockport girls bowling, Niagara Falls boys bowling, Niagara Falls track and field, Olean boys and girls basketball, Olmsted swimming, Orchard Park boys and girls bowling, Pioneer wrestling, Salamanca boys and girls bowling, St. Joe's wrestling, Tonawanda boys and girls bowling, West Seneca track and field, Williamsville girls hockey, Williamsville North hockey.