Seven clinics opened in the new Oishei Children's Outpatient Center on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus this month.
If you're headed there, where do you park?
Your best option for parking is an underground ramp in the Conventus building, which houses the outpatient center and is located at 1001 Main St. Entrance for the underground parking is at High Street near Washington.
Patients and visitors of the outpatient center are strongly encouraged to park at Conventus to make it as easy as possible, said Michael P. Hughes, Kaleida Health's senior vice president of public affairs & marketing.
"We want to deliver a seamless transition from the time a patient and their family leave home until they see their provider," Hughes said. "It’s all about putting the patient first. That’s why the team here is working so hard to get parking right on the campus."
The new $270 million John R. Oishei Children's Hospital now under construction at 818 Ellicott St.– as well as the Outpatient Center – were designed with patients and families in mind, Hughes said.
[Gallery: Oishei Children’s Outpatient Center]
Parking rates at Conventus are: $1.50 for the first 30 minutes and $1.50 for each additional half hour. The daily maximum is $9. Credit cards are accepted.
- Valet parking began Jan. 3. If you're there longer than one and a half hours, valet parking may be a more budget-friendly option. Valet parking also is along High Street at Conventus and is $5 for up to the first three hours. After that, valet rates are $7 for three to eight hours or $10 for more than eight hours. Valet parking is available from 7 a.m. to at least 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. There are 42 valet spaces, with a maximum of 55 if needed. "We're not going to turn anyone away coming to Conventus," said Eric Chiazza, field manager for AllPro Parking that is managing valet and ramp parking at Conventus. "We'll figure it out for them."
- Kaleida officials assure the public there is enough parking at Conventus and strongly discourage patrons from street parking, surface parking lots or the ramp at MIGO at Michigan Avenue and High Street, where an on-demand shuttle operates. A new city ramp featuring 1,800 spaces is expected to be completed later this year at 860 Ellicott St at the site of the old Ellicott-Goodrich Garage.
- Additional help can be found through the “MyKaleida” app, including directions from home and inside the building.
- There is a parking lot at Ellicott and High streets.
- There is street parking, some of which is limited to two-hours, along Main Street and other nearby side streets.
- Public transportation also serves the campus, including NFTA buses and the Allen/Medical Campus Metro Rail Station.
The outpatient center will open eight more clinics on April 3, followed by the final 21 clinics opening in October. The new Children's Hospital is slated to open in November.