Share this article

print logo

Cigarette blamed for Falls fire leaving three homeless

NIAGARA FALLS – An unattended cigarette apparently sparked a fire Saturday morning that left three residents of a 20th Street address temporarily homeless.

The fire at 486 20th St. was reported at 5 a.m. Two residents awakened by smoke alarms made their way to safety before fire crews arrived. No one was injured in the blaze, which caused an undetermined amount of damage. Investigators ruled the fire was accidental.

A resident told police that he had left the home moments before the fire and returned a short time later and found his apartment engulfed in flames, according to police. An investigation is continuing.

There are no comments - be the first to comment