Share this article

print logo

Alleged Niagara Falls gunman in trouble again

LOCKPORT - Donald Dolson of Niagara Falls, released from jail last week because of a three-month delay in his trial on charges of shooting a man, is back behind bars.

Thursday, Dolson was ordered held in lieu of $100,000 bail set by Niagara County Judge Matthew J. Murphy III.

On Oct. 13, Murphy released Dolson on his own recognizance after he had been in jail without bail since April. The judge made the move after his trial was postponed to Feb. 6 at the request of Assistant District Attorney Claudette S. Caldwell. She said a police officer who investigated the shooting is having medical problems and would be unavailable to testify in November.

Murphy told Dolson to stay out of trouble, but Caldwell said that Sunday, Dolson was arrested as a passenger on an allegedly stolen golf cart that Falls police saw being driven near the corner of 22nd Street and Cleveland Avenue. He was out past a personal curfew that Murphy had imposed on him, Caldwell said.

Dolson is to face trial on an indictment accusing him of shooting a man in the arm with a shotgun during a Jan. 25 robbery attempt.

There are no comments - be the first to comment