Yep, you read that right, go to a museum for free. Just one day, but still it's pretty cool. We love free. Here's the deal.
"Museum Day Live" is Sept. 24. It is sponsored by Smithsonian magazine which offers free tickets to participating museums across the country. Just go smithsonian.com and plug in your zip code. Then print the tickets which are good for two people. (If you can't or don't want to print the tickets, they will be accepted on your smart phone.) Easy. And free. The ticket is valid for one museum only and is non-exchangeable.
Here are the local museums that are participating according to the Smithsonian website.
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery, 1285 Elmwood Ave.
- Buffalo-Niagara Heritage Museum, 3755 Tonawanda Creek Road, Amherst
- Burchfield Penney Art Center, 1300 Elmwood Ave.
- Colored Musicians Club Jazz Museum, 145 Broadway
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum, 180 Thompson St., North Tonawanda
- Nash House Museum, 36 Nash St.
- The Buffalo History Museum, 1 Museum Court
- Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site, 641 Delaware Ave.