How they fared
1. Canisius (3-0): beat V-Aquinas, 33-20. Next: Saturday vs. St. Francis, 1 p.m.
2. Lancaster (3-0): beat Frontier, 56-17. Next: Friday vs. Williamsville North, 7:30 p.m.
3. Williamsville North (3-0): beat Niagara-Wheatfield, 28-21. Next: Friday at Lancaster, 7:30 p.m.
4. Orchard Park (2-1): beat Jamestown, 41-8. Next: Friday at Frontier, 7 p.m.
5. St. Francis (0-2): lost to Walsh Jesuit (Ohio), 23-21. Next: Saturday at Canisius, 1 p.m.
6. St. Joe’s (2-1): beat Cardinal O’Hara, 50-24. Next: Saturday at V-Aquinas, 2 p.m.
7. Bennett (3-0): beat Iroquois, 56-26. Next: Saturday vs. South Park, 1 p.m.
8. North Tonawanda (3-0): beat Sweet Home, 46-14. Next: Friday vs. Grand Island, 7 p.m.
9. South Park (2-1): beat West Seneca West, 48-0. Next: Saturday at Bennett, 1 p.m.
10. Bishop Timon-St. Jude (0-3): lost at Permian (Texas), 55-12. Next: Friday vs. St. Mary’s/Lancaster, 7 p.m.
1. Cheektowaga (3-0): beat Newfane, 39-6. Next: Saturday vs. Burgard, 2 p.m.
2. Alden (2-1): lost to Medina, 42-28. Next: Friday at Barker/Roy-Hart, 7 p.m.
3. Maple Grove (3-0): beat Clymer/Sherman/Panama, 37-6. Next: Friday at Cattaraugus/Little Valley, 7 p.m.
4. Maryvale (3-0): beat Lew-Port, 48-12. Next: Friday vs. Tonawanda, 7 p.m.
5. Burgard (2-1): lost to West Seneca East, 43-18. Next: Saturday at Cheektowaga, 2 p.m.
6. Medina (3-0): beat Alden, 42-28. Next: Friday vs. V-University Prep, 7:30 p.m.
7. Springville (2-1): beat Pioneer, 40-7. Next: Friday at Olean, 7 p.m.
8. Franklinville/Ell. (3-0): beat Frewsburg, 32-21. Next: Friday at Randolph, 7 p.m.
9. JFK* (3-0): beat Tonawanda, 44-16. Next: Friday at Lackawanna, 7 p.m.
9. Cleveland Hill (3-0): beat Southwestern, 44-3. Next: Saturday vs. Akron, 2 p.m.
*–Tie in points
• Dillon Janca of Orchard Park was 14 for 25 for 215 yards and a touchdown, and he also ran for a pair of TDs in a 41-8 win over Jamestown.
• Chris Labonte ran for 213 of North Tonawanda’s 579 yards in total offense in the Lumberjacks’ 46-14 win over Sweet Home.
• Austin Briedenstein had four touchdowns while running for 266 yards on 31 carries. He led West Seneca East to a 43-18 win over Burgard.
• Taelon Hollman of McKinley threw for three touchdowns, and also ran 78 yards for a score as the Macks downed Lake Shore, 36-6.
• Noble Smith of Lackawanna broke the school record with 18 pass completions; he finished with 219 yards in a 20-14 win over Depew.
• Ian Baker scored 30 points, including four touchdowns and a safety, in Springville’s 40-7 win over Pioneer.
• Cole Burniston ran for 131 yards and a touchdown and made eight tackles during Canisius’ 33-20 win over reigning state champion Aquinas.
• Jake Sarow ran for 193 yards, caught three passes, recovered a fumble, and returned an interception for a touchdown as Akron downed V-Oakfield-Alabama, 28-14.
• Juston Johnson of Bishop Timon-St. Jude set a school record for 11 catches in a game although the Tigers lost to Permian (Texas), 55-12.
• Lancaster’s offense has been rolling up the points in recent weeks. Now the Legends will try to do it again against fellow unbeaten Williamsville North Friday in Lancaster.
• Cheektowaga has had few problems in winning its first three games. Burgard could change that this week, as the Bulldogs come in for a Saturday afternoon contest. Burgard was ranked fifth in the small-school poll last week.
• South Park lost its opener, but has been playing some great football since then. The Sparks play at Bennett next Saturday afternoon.
• Canisius hosts defending champion St. Francis at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Stransky Complex in a rematch of last year’s Monsignor Martin Association title game.
• The national tour is over. It’s time for Bishop Timon-St. Jude’s home opener at 1 p.m. Saturday against St. Mary’s.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this weekend’s games at buffalonews.com, including photo galleries and video interviews.