• Genesee County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Northwoods Sportsman Club, Le Roy, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 26. Discussion of ongoing Genesee County rifle hunting. Call (585) 472-1343.
• Dorie Miller Rifle & Pistol Club, Frank E. Merriweather Jr. Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, July 27. Call 771-0138 or visit maxi7.com.
• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, 2934 Wilson Cambria Road, 7-9 p.m., Wednesday, July 27, annual summer picnic meeting. Call 433-1014 or 628-2211.
• Niagara Frontier 2016 3-D League, 3-F Club, Lewiston, sign-ups 3:30-6 p.m., Tuesday, July 26. Call 799-9719.
• Evans Junior Olympic Archery Development Club State Championship Winners: Aaron Montroy, Archer Male, first place; Kurran O’Connor, Yeoman Male, first place; Erin McGarrity, Bowman Female, first place; Justin Mogavero, Bowman Male, third place; Jake Kohlmeier, Bowman Male, second place; and Abigail Sciarrino, Cadet Female, second place. Coaches: Pam Sciarrino and Ron Bergum.
• Pennsylvania Bowhunters Annual Festival, Forksville, Sullivan County, 8 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday and Saturday, Sept. 9-10 and 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 11, events include a Steel Boar Challenge, team, individual and youth shooting competitions, live music, kids’ shooting line and more. Call (570) 924-3025 or visit pabowhunters.com.
• Allied Sportsmen’s Club Fall Trap League, 12846 Clinton St., Alden, starts at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 2, all shooters welcome, ATA shoots available. Visit alliedsportsmen.com.
• Evans Rod & Gun Club 3-D Shoot, 864 Cain Road, Angola, begins at 4 p.m.-dark, Wednesday, Aug. 3 and goes to Sept. 28, 15 targets, all shooters welcome. Call 866-5072.
• Clays for Heroes Fifth Annual Fundraising Shoot, Rochester Brooks International Skeet & Trap Club, 962 Honeoye Falls No. 6 Road, Rush, 9 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 13, 100 registered targets or 100-bird fun shoot. Call 698-5892 or email email@example.com.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for dates and nearest location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860. Area certification instructors registering students can post details with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 10 a.m., Saturday, July 30. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Genesee County Chapter of SCOPE, Cavalry Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., Tuesday, July 26. Call 778-9431 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “Utah, Florida & Arizona Conceal Carry Pistol Permit Class,” Northtown Center, Williamsville, 5:45-9:45 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 4. Call 903-2558 or visit email@example.com.
• New East Coast Arms Collectors Association Gun Show/Arms Fair, Old Forge, Saturday, Aug. 6 and Sunday, Aug. 7. Visit neaca.com.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java. Events: “Zoar Valley Hike with Naturalist Mark Carra,” 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, July 30; and “Family Walk at Beaver Meadow,” 2 p.m., Sunday, July 31. Most BAS events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (Ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Summer Discovery Camps at Tifft: “Five-Day Earth Avengers Camp (for ages 8-12),” Aug. 15-19. For all programs and registration, call 825-6397 (Ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew. Programs: “Bird Walk for Kids (for ages 6-12),” 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 26; and “Secret Lives of Moths,” 8 p.m., Thursday, July 28. For this and all programs, call 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/events.
• NYS Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Charged Up! At the Former Schoellkopf Power Plant,” Niagara Falls State Park, 5-7 p.m., Friday, July 29, call 282-5154.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Amherst Canalway Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, July 5, call 882-3488; and “Clarence,” 9 a.m., Saturday, July 9, call 759-2628. For all events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Paths, Peaks & Paddles Program: “Introduction to Kayaking Class,” Ellicott Creek, 9 a.m.-noon, Sunday, Aug. 14. For details, call 213-0350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wild Spirit Education Program: “Stories in the Woods (For ages 5-7),” Arcade Village Park, 10 a.m., Tuesday, July 26. To sign up, visit metup.com/Nature-in-WNY.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Program: “The Classical Planets of Antiquity Astronomy Program at the Penn Dixie Site,” 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 30. For event details, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Wildflower Walk – Upper St. Helena Area,” 10 a.m., Wednesday, July 27; and “Nature Walk – Highbanks Trail,” 1 p.m., Saturday, July 30. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, NY 14525 or email email@example.com.