Southern Erie County
A puppet show, classic car show, Civil War encampment and petting zoo highlight the attractions at the 28th annual Western New York Dairy/Ag Festival in the Village of Springville.
Carrying the theme “Old Farm Path,” the alcohol-free festival will last Friday through Sunday outside Springville-Griffith Institute High School at 290 N. Buffalo St.
Large rides have been added to the festival along with Mike Randall’s puppet show and a classic car parade.
For a list of events, visit www.wnydairyagfest.com.
• The Memorial Day ceremony will showcase keynote speaker Donna Mallia, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regional office director, at 2 p.m. today in the Evans Town Hall at 8787 Erie Road.
• The annual Holland Methodist Church Wendel’s chicken barbecue will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at the church, 11699 Partridge Road. The dinner includes potato salad, cole slaw, rolls and butter and home-baked deserts. Seniors will receive a $2 discount on dinners.
• The Holland Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall, 47 Pearl St.
• Memorial Day services in the Town of Eden are set for 10 a.m. Monday in St. Mary’s Church at 8175 E. Eden Road and 11 a.m. Monday in Eden Evergreen Cemetery at 2862 E. Church St.
• An Eden Planning Board meeting will begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s second-floor conference room at 2795 E. Church St.
• The Evans Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church at 591 E. Main St. in Springville will host “Trash and Treasures,” a rummage and bake sale, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 1 to 5 p.m. Friday. A bag sale will begin at 4 p.m. Friday.
• Tina Ames, a local artist, offers a free creative club for youths 9 to 17 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays in the Bread of Life Outreach Center at 8745 Supervisor Ave. in Colden. Classes involve art, cooking and other activities. Children 9 to 12 will start Thursday and gather again June 16 and July 7 and 21. Those aged 13 to 17 will go June 9 and 23 and July 14 and 28. To register, contact the center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-3550.
• The Erie County Public Library Bookmobile will visit the Evans Town Hall from 5 to 8 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of each month starting Thursday.
• A Drainage Committee meeting will start at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Evans Town Hall.
• Rock the Bay, an outdoor event to launch the summer, will feature music by Freightrain from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Mickey Rats Beach Club at 8934 Lake Shore Road in Angola. Tickets may be purchased for $15 in the Building Department at the Evans Town Hall or $20 at the door. The event will also include Chinese and silent auctions. For more details, visit www.grandviewbaycommunityassoc.com.
• Village of North Collins residents may participate in the villagewide garage sale Friday, Saturday and Sunday. • The Colden Community Farmers’ Market has planned an open market with guest crafters and new vendors from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday outside the Bread of Life Outreach Center. Visitors will also find live music and a chicken barbecue. The market is available every Saturday until Oct. 8.
• South City, a classic rock band, will perform as part of the “Live at the Leeg” concert series from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday in the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 at 2912 Legion Drive in the Town of Eden. Admission and parking are free. Call the post at 992-3304 for more details.
• The Springville Concord Elder Network has planned spring activities. For details, visit the Town of Concord’s website at www.townofconcordny.com or call the organization at 592-2768.