The Cornell Cooperative Extension of Erie County and its Master Gardener Program promotes healthy gardening in several ways.
MASTER GARDENER EVENTS
• 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. next Saturday, First Presbyterian Church, One Symphony Circle.
Plant, soil and insect testing
Extension staff and master gardeners perform soil pH tests ($2 per sample, or 3 samples for $5) as well as plant and insect identification ($5 fee per specimen) and plant diagnostics ($5 fee per specimen) on the upper level of the Farm & Home Center Building/Print Shop, Roycroft Campus, 21 S. Grove St., East Aurora. Visit erie.cce.cornell.edu/gardening for hours and more information.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, during the Garden Friends of Clarence Perennial Plant Sale, Clarence Town Park, Main Street, Clarence
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, during Ken-Sheriton Garden Club Plant Sale, Zion United Church of Christ, 15 Koenig Circle, Town of Tonawanda
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Williamsville Farmers Market, Island Park, Main Street, Williamsville
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Holland Farmers Market, Route 16, Holland
• 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. next Saturday, Alden Farmers Market, Route 20, Alden
• 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 25, Kenmore Farmers Market, Delaware Avenue at North Delaware Road, Kenmore
MASTER GARDENER HOTLINE
652-5400, Ext. 137, available 9 a.m. to noon Monday to Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; same times Monday and Thursday, Oct. 1 to March 31
Inside: Expert gardeners talk pest control, Page 10