Elma officials are asking town residents for input on street lights that don’t function.
Officials have noticed dozens of lights that are supposed to illuminate town roads are out of order.
Water Department supervisor Eugene Stevenson said some of the lights have been out for more than three months.
Stevenson said he counted 14 lights out of service on a recent drive from the intersection of Seneca Street and Transit Road to Creek Road, which runs off Jamison Road. “We’re paying for them. They ought to work,” he said.
Supervisor Dennis Powers suggested that residents with inoperable street lights near their homes contact Town Hall at 652-3260 and report the pole number.
• The Marilla Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room at Town Hall, 1720 Two Rod Road.
• The Wales Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road.
• The Elma Town Board meets in a work session at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road. There were no items on the agenda at press time; if the meeting is canceled it will be announced on the town’s web site.
• The Iroquois School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Intermediate/Middle School cafetorium, 2111 Girdle Road, Elma.
• The Marilla Town Board’s monthly meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the lower meeting room at Town Hall.