Tournament fees typically include golf and cart. Check with tournament for particulars.
• The 13th Annual Rev. Merrick Bednar Memorial Golf Tournament, May 20, The Links at Ivy Ridge in Akron. Proceeds benefit Christ the King Seminary Diocese of Buffalo. Cost is $200 and includes lunch, dinner, and refreshments on the course. Registration 10:30 a.m., shotgun start at noon. Visit www.bednargolf.com or call Laura DeMizio at 847-8373.
• The Jamaican and American Association of Buffalo’s 12th Annual Golf Tournament, May 23 at Fox Valley Club, Lancaster. Registration fee is $125, or $500 per foursome and includes lunch, dinner and prizes. Registration at 11:30 a.m., shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Proceeds benefit scholarship programs and medical missions. For more information on entries or sponsorship, call Beverly Joy Morrison at 883-5222 or visit www.jaab.org.
• The Endeavor Foundation, also known as Mid-Erie Counseling and Treatment Services, May 23 at Diamond Hawk in Cheektowaga. The Endeavor Foundation is a Not-For-Profit designed to support the delivery of Mental Health, Alcohol and Substance Abuse and Family Support services to Western New York’s poorest population through our close affiliation to Mid-Erie Counseling and Treatment Services. For more information please visit our website, www.endeavorgolf.com, or contact Laura Hale at email@example.com.
• The New York State Deputies Association Celebrity Golf Classic, June 4 at Seneca Hickory Stick in Lewiston. Cost is $100, or $380 for a foursome. Includes lunch, dinner, awards and prizes. Several Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres alumni will participate. Registration at 10:30 a.m., shotgun start at noon. Proceeds benefit the NYSDA Scholarship Fund and the Bills Alumni “Cure the Blue” prostate cancer awareness project. For more information contact Norman Itjen at (585) 409-4540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 15th Annual par Fore a Mission Golf Classic, June 8 at the Seneca Hickory Stick in Lewiston. Cost is $150 and includes, lunch, gifts, beer and soda, and dinner. Proceeds benefit Community Missions’ Crisis and Community Services Programs, which include the soup kitchen, food pantry, and emergency housing shelter. Registration from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., shotgun start at 1 p.m. To register, call Andrea Gray at 285-3403 ext. 2225 or email email@example.com.
• The 24rd Annual WNY State Farm Charity Dinner and Golf Tournament to benefit Cradle Beach, June 17 at Glen Oak Golf Course in East Amherst. Cost is $200 and includes lunch, reception, dinner, prizes and more. Registration at 10:30 a.m., shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Sponsorship opportunities available. For more information visit cradlebeach.org or call 549-6307 ext. 201.
• The 66th Annual Little Three Golf Tournament, June 27 at Diamond Hawk Golf Course, Cheektowaga. Canisius College, Niagara University, and St. Bonaventure University alumni and friends will compete for the Dr. Vincent P. Marino trophy for their school’s Alumni Office. Cost is $125 and includes lunch, dinner, and awards reception. Check-in is at 11 a.m., shotgun start at noon. For more information contact Howard Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 286-8772, or visit www.niagara.edu/alumni-engagement/.
• The 13th Annual Michael P. Kirwan Memorial Golf Tournament, June 20 at Lancaster Country Club. Cost is $125 and includes lunch, one-hour open bar, and dinner. Registration and payment must be received by June 1. All proceeds benefit the Bishop-Fallon/Holy Angels Alumni Association Catholic Education program. For more information contact Peter Bishop at 632-4457 or John Cardarella at 208-9647 or visit bishopfallon.org.
• The Eighth Annual Buffalo Amputee Golf Classic, June 27 at Briarwood Country Club in Hamburg. The event features 32 foursomes of amputees and non-amputees playing to support scholarships and camp opportunities for young adults and children. Registration at 10 a.m., shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $115 per amputee or $120 non-amputee and includes lunch, cocktails, and dinner. For more information contact Bob Buck at (610) 867-9295 or email@example.com or visit www.buffaloamputeegolf.com.
• Erie-Niagara Chapter of the New York Credit Union Association, 20th Annual Golf Outing to benefit Women and Children’s Hospital, June 29 at Harvest Hill in Orchard Park. Cost is $120 and includes lunch, dinner, refreshments and prizes. Four-person scramble format. Registration begins at 10 a.m. For more information contact Kathryn Getz at Sweet Home FCU at 691-9187 ext. 309.
• The Robert Guiffreda Memorial Scholarship Golf Tournament, June 30 at Tri-County Country Club in Forestville. Cost is $80 and includes goodie bag, lunch at the turn, dinner, and a cash bar. Tournament registration at 11 a.m. followed by a shotgun start at noon. To register or for more information contact Bob Spino at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hector Alverio at email@example.com.
• “Come Get Some” annual golf tournament to benefit The Hospice Foundation, July 8 at Chestnut Hill Country Club in Darien Center. Registration and lunch at 12:30 p.m., shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. Cost is $80 and includes lunch, beverages and dinner. To register visit www.nofrillsbuffalo.com/comegetsome/ or call Jill Pogodzinski at 510-3028.
• The 33nd Annual Bengal Club Golf Classic, July 11 at Brierwood Country Club in Hamburg. Registration at 10 a.m., shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. The event includes lunch, cocktail reception, dinner, auction, and an awards presentation. Cost is $200. Proceeds benefit Buffalo State student athletes and their programs. Sponsorship opportunities available. Visit buffalostateathletics.com or contact Tom Koller at 878-6514 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The WNY Funeral Directors fourth annual Once in a While Outing to benefit the Children’s Hospital “Christmas in July” Toy Drive, July 13 at Hickory Stick in Lewiston. Cost is $125, or $450 per foursome, and includes beverages, lunch and dinner. Registration at 12 p.m., 1 p.m. shotgun start. For more information or to register email email@example.com or call John Attfield at 622-4818.
• The Orleans Correction Facility annual tournament to benefit the American Cancer Society, July 18 at Chestnut Hill in Darien Center. Cost is $85, or $340 per foursome, and includes drinks, raffles, auction, dinner and more. Registration at 9 a.m., 10 a.m. shotgun start. For more information contact Kenneth Gold at 603-0195 or visit nyscopba.org.
• The 21st Annual Ken-Ton Schools Athletic Hall of Fame Tournament, July 20 at Sheridan Golf Course in the Town of Tonawanda. Cost is $100 and includes gift, lunch, dinner and prizes. Tournament proceeds benefit scholarships for graduating athletes. Contact the athletic department at 871-3082 for more details or to register.
• The Friends of the NY44 Health Benefits Plan Inc. annual tournament benefitting the Hospice Foundation of WNY, July 21 at Chestnut Hill. Cost is $100 and includes lunch at the turn, beverages, happy hour, appetizers, steak dinner and dessert. Registration information at sponsorship forms are available at ny44.e1b.org.
• The Bryan M. Lawrence Foundation, a not-for-profit assisting families fighting childhood cancer, July 23 at Buffalo Tournament Club, Lancaster. Cost is $115, or $400 per foursome, until June 30. Cost includes lunch, dinner and bar and prizes. Advanced registration required. Four-person scramble format. Registration at noon, 1 p.m. start. For more information contact Drew Lawrence at 553-4236 or Drew.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Lawrence Foundation office at 465-9244.
• The Jim Hillery ‘51 Green & Gold Tournament, July 25 at Brierwood Country Club. Shotgun start at 12 p.m. Cost is $150 per golfer and includes gift bags, on-course beverages and cocktails and dinner. For more information contact Michelle Patterson at 826-3610 ext. 246.
• The 15th Annual Amherst Alumni Golf Tournament, July 28 at Glen Oaks Golf Course in East Amherst. Tournament includes lunch, dinner, prizes, auction and awards. For more information contact Lynn Wardour at email@example.com or visit www.amherstalumni.org.
• The third annual Anthony V. Mannino Tournament, shotgun start at noon Aug. 1 at Tan Tara Golf Club, North Tonawanda. Cost is $110 and includes lunch, dinner, and raffle tickets. Registration at 10 a.m. Four-person scramble format. The foundation helps financially assist young adults undergoing cancer treatments. Deadline for registration is July 14. For more information contact Rob Coppola at 864-5730, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.avmfoundation.com.
• The Canisius College Athletics Blue & Gold Golf Classic. 1 p.m. shotgun start on Aug. 1 at Lancaster Country Club. Cost is $200 and includes gift, lunch, on-course refreshments, open bar and dinner. Tee signs may be purchased for $125. Proceeds benefit Canisius College Blue & Gold Fund. For more information visit gogriffs.com or call 888-2977.
• Mikey’s Way Drive For Dreams Charity Golf Tournament, Aug. 7-8 at Brookfield County Club in Clarence. Cost is $300 and includes two Summer Night Gala tickets; and $1,200 for a foursome which includes lunch, cocktail hour, and eight Summer Night Gala tickets. For more information contact Sara Kane at 828-8318, email email@example.com or visit www.mikeysway.org.
• WNY United Against Drug & Alcohol Abuse Foundation Inc. 12th Annual Robert E. Rich Memorial Drive Against Drugs Tournament, Aug. 8 at Brierwood Country Club, Hamburg. Cost is $175 and includes lunch and dinner in the clubhouse. Foursome packages and sponsorship packages also available. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. Registration deadline is July 11. For more information call Kristie Schiefer at 821-7722 ext. 314 or visit wnyunited.org.
• The 17th Annual Matthew Foster Foundation tournament, 11 a.m. Aug. 8 at East Aurora Country Club. Cost is $175 and includes lunch, refreshments on the course, cocktails, and dinner. For more information visit matthewfosterfoundation.com, call 652-1880, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 18th Annual Temple Beth Zion Summer Celebration and Golf Tournament, Aug. 8 at Transit Valley Country Club. Registration at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. shotgun. Cost is $200 and includes lunch, cocktails, dinner, and awards. A non-golfer option is also available. Proceeds benefit educational programs at Temple Beth Zion. To register, contact Julie Feldman at 836-6565 ext. 134 or email email@example.com. Visit www.tbz.org/community/summercelebration for more details.
• The MAX Charity Challenge to benefit the Institute for Autism Research at Canisius College, Aug. 14 at Diamond Hawk Golf Course. The four person scramble tournament will start at 11 a.m. with practice range open an hour prior. Cost is $135 per golfer or $500 per foursome and includes lunch, course contests, and a reception after with dinner, open bar, and raffles at Salvatore’s Italian Gardens. Sponsorship opportunities available. For more information contact Troy or Laura Hillman at 572-4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Camp Fundraiser, Aug. 15 at Tan Tara Golf Club in North Tonawanda. The 9-hole scramble tournament includes an 8 a.m. breakfast, lunch and prizes. For more information contact Craig Johnson at 695-1679.
• People Inc. Foundation 15th Annual Drive Fore Disabilities tournament, Aug. 22 at Orchard Park Country Club. Tee times are 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Tournament features: barbecue lunch, snacks throughout the course, cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, dinner and more. Cost is $1,500 for a twosome and $2,500 for a foursome. Premier and custom sponsorships available. For more information contact Stephanie Sullivan at 817-7269 or register online at www.people-inc.org.
• The US TOO! Prostate Cancer Support Group 17th Annual Golf Tournament, Sept. 9 at Glen Oak in East Amherst. The $99 donation includes lunch, dinner, prizes and more. For more information or to register contact Bob Rand at 675-3294 or 400-1713 or Jerry Bianchi at 909-1911.
• The sixth annual Trinity Church Golf Tournament, Sept. 10 at Concord Crest Golf Course in East Concord. Registration at 11:30 a.m., 12:30 shotgun start. Cost is $80 and includes lunch, dinner, awards and prizes. For more information email email@example.com, call 998-6269 or download a registration form from www.trinityhamburg.org.
• The Marie Jackson Women’s Scramble Tournament, Sept. 24 at Cazenovia Golf Course. The tournament is a 9-hole shotgun format. Cost is $55 and includes golf, light lunch, beverages, and prizes. Proceeds help provide scholarships for South Buffalo Catholic high schools. For information contact Patty Jackson-Doctor at 823-5862.
Charity events compiled by News Sports Clerk Kelly Korzak.