Share this article

print logo

House fire in Eden sparked by faulty fan

A faulty bathroom fan sparked a house fire Monday afternoon on Gowanda State Road in the Town of Eden, police reported.

The call was received shortly before 2:30 p.m. to a ranch-style house at 7551 Gowanda State Road, said Eden Police Sgt. Shawn Bishop.

“A forced entry was made into the roof of the structure, which was occupied at the time of the fire,” Bishop said.

Firefighters from several companies – including Eden, East Eden, Hamburg and Lakeview – responded to the fire, Bishop said.

Gowanda State Road, also called Route 62, was closed for a short time between Eden Valley Road and Route 75.

No injuries were reported.