Share this article

print logo

Clarence home damaged by chimney fire

A chimney fire caused $60,000 damage to a Clarence home Sunday.

The blaze at 8360 Clarence Center Road was reported just before 6 p.m., Amherst fire officials said.

Firefighters reported heavy fire from the roof near the chimney when they arrived on the scene.

The fire, which was under control after 18 minutes, caused $50,000 damage to the building and $10,000 to the contents, officials estimated.

The cause of the blaze is under investigation.