Share this article

print logo

Wilson man charged with sexually abusing two children

LOCKPORT – Alfonso C. Cutaia, 41, of Dorwood Park, Wilson, faces a maximum of two life sentences if he is convicted as charged in an indictment unsealed Thursday in Niagara County Court.

Cutaia pleaded not guilty to two counts of predatory sexual abuse of a child and was ordered held in lieu of $100,000 bail set by Judge Matthew J. Murphy III.

Assistant District Attorney Robert A. Zucco said Cutaia is accused of sexually abusing a boy between July 1, 2006 and Nov. 21, 2009, and also of abusing a girl between July 2014 and March 1 of this year. Both were under 13 years old when the abuse allegedly began, Zucco said. Most of it allegedly occurred in Wilson, although the first incidents with the boy reportedly occurred in Wheatfield.

Zucco told Murphy that the boy at first denied that he had been abused. Assistant Public Defender Christopher A. Privateer said the 2006 incident “was investigated at that time, and nothing was done.” He said at the preliminary hearing, Cutaia, who has no prior criminal record, was “held on the slimmest evidence I’ve ever seen at a preliminary hearing.”