Share this article

print logo

Quick response limits damage in fire at Lockport home

LOCKPORT – Firefighters were on the scene within one minute of receiving the call Wednesday and were able to quickly extinguish a fire in a dryer in the basement at 93 Church St.

The call, just two blocks from the fire department, came in at 5:30 p.m. and firefighters in the department’s Fourth Platoon were on the scene at 5:31 p.m.

Assistant Chief Michael Seeloff found smoke coming out of the front door. All of the residents had safely evacuated before firemen arrived.

The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the dryer. Minor water and smoke damage was reported. The clothes dryer, valued at $750, was a total loss.

Firefighters removed the dryer from the basement and cleared the home of smoke.