Share this article

print logo

Grease fire causes $90,000 in damages a West Delavan Avenue house

The Red Cross is assisting the family that lived in a 2½-story wood frame house at 369 W. Delavan Ave. that was heavily damaged Monday afternoon by a grease fire in the kitchen.

One of three teens home at the time of the 3 p.m. fire made matters worse by throwing water on the burning stove, according to the Buffalo Fire Department. Firemen quickly put the fire out.

Damage was listed as $60,000 to the building and $30,000 to its contents.