Southern Erie County
To help students at a school in Texas destroyed by storms, the Colden Elementary School’s Student Council started a fundraiser.
Students raised $115 for the Donald T. Shields Elementary School in Red Oak, Texas. They created and sold more than 200 hand-drawn buttons with a Valentine’s Day theme. All the pins sold in four days at the school in the Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District.
Shondra Jones, the Shields school’s principal, emailed a thank-you message to the students.
Also, the Holland Kiwanis Club is seeking donations of used, but usable, boots, sneakers and shoes. Donations for those in need will be distributed around the world.
To donate, contact any Kiwanis member, or drop donations off in the barrels located in the Pearl Street Lobby at Holland High School or in the main entrance of Harold O. Brumsted Elementary School. Donations will be accepted through March 31. For more information, call Tara at 983-4533 or Lori at 537-2340.
• The Springville Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• The Eden Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor.
• An Easter egg hunt begins at 1 p.m. Saturday in Fiddlers Green Park at Franklin and Buffalo streets in Springville. The Concord American Legion Post 431, the event’s sponsor, will serve refreshments afterward in the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St.
• Suggested names are being accepted for the proposed park at the end of Factory Street in the Village of Springville. To submit a name, visit the village government’s website at www.villageofspringvilleny.com.
• Erie County Senior Services has proposed a Stay Fit Dining Program at St. John’s Community Church of Eden. To give opinions about the proposal, visit the town government’s website at www.edenny.org and fill out the survey.