• Niagara River Anglers Association, Jetport Restaurant, Niagara Falls, 7 p.m. Monday. Discussion of the John Long Jr. dinner and coming pen project. Call 998-8910.
• Dorie Miller Rifle & Pistol Club, Frank E. Merriweather Jr. Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., 5:30 p.m., Wednesday. Call 771-0138 or visit maxi7.com.
• Erie County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Evans Rod & Gun Club, Cain Road, Angola, 7:30 p.m., Thursday. Call 440-6995.
• Niagara Region 2016 Winter 3-D League, Alden Rod & Gun Club, 12 County Line Road, sunrise to 1 p.m., April 3. Call Joe Attardo at 912-4227.
• WNY 2016 Winter 3-D League Shoot-Off, Evans Rod & Gun Club, Cain Road, Angola, 7 a.m.-2 p.m., April 3, breakfasts served starting at 7 a.m., call Ray Zylinski Jr. at 866-5072.
• Boston Valley Conservation Society 10-Week Trap League, Zimmerman Road, begins today, shooting 9 a.m.-noon Sundays and 6-8 p.m., Thursdays. For details, call 335-4111.
• Wood & Brook Sportsman’s Club Trap League, 13712 Genesee St., Crittenden, shooting Tuesdays, 6-10 p.m., and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until May 17. Open to all shooters; instructions available. Call 685-2167.
• North Forest Rod & Gun Club first annual Meat & Money Shoot, 6257 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, choice of trap, skeet or five-stand; prize winners draw for each five-shooter round. For more details, call Doug Thompson at 807-6647 or Howard Johnt at 628-3257.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and nearest location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” VFW Post No. 1419, Hamburg, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday. “Utah, Florida & Arizona Conceal Carry Class,” Northtown Center, Amherst, 5:45-9:45 p.m., Thursday. Call 903-2558 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Classes: “In-Service Class,” 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Wednesday; and “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 10 a.m.- 1 p.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Pistol Permit Class, Cavalry Baptist Church, Batavia, March 29. Call 778-9431 or visit carrpsc.com.
• The Outdoors Environmental Forum, UB Center for Tomorrow, Amherst Campus, 7:30 p.m., Wednesday. Speakers Anthony Kelly of Animal Adventures, Phil Stokes of the Penn Dixie Site and Loren Smith of Beaver Meadow Audubon Society will discuss “Extinction.” Call 548-7659 or email email@example.com.
• Orvis Buffalo Fly Tying Demo, Eastern Hills Mall, Williamsville, Topic: “Early Season Trout Hatches,” 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday. To register, call 276-7200.
• Chautauqua County Federation Annual Dinner, Lakewood Rod & Gun Club, 6 p.m., April 18, reservation deadline April 4. For details, call Larry Dorler at 488-1017 or 499-8346.
• Niagara County Gobblers Chapter of National Wild Turkey Federation 21st annual Hunting Heritage Banquet, Ransomville Volunteer Fire Co., 2521 Youngstown-Lockport Road, 3:30 p.m., April 10. Call 791-3151.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Maple Harvest Festival,” 9 a.m.-3 p.m., today; and “Owl Pellet Autopsy,” 2-3:30 p.m., Wednesday. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228, Ext. 10, or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Spring EGG-stravaganza-egg dyeing and outings” for all ages, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397, Ext. 338, or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: “Spring Break Adventures-Nature Notebooks,” 10:30 a.m., Monday; and “Stories in the Woods” for ages 3-7, 10:30 a.m., Saturday. For all programs, call 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/events.
• NYS Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Programs: “Signs of Spring,” Joseph Davis State Park, 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday, call 282-5154; and “Woodcock Whorl!” Evangola State Park, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Saturday, call 549-1050.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve Saunter,” 10 a.m., Monday, call 208-6319; and “Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge – Nature Hike,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 434-2969. For all events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Paths, Peaks & Paddles Program: “Kayak Eskimo Roll Clinic,” a 4-week class at Williamsville South High School, 7-9 p.m. Thursdays starting March 31. Cost is $200. For more details, call 213-0350 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Event: Penn Dixie Site open for fossil collecting during spring break, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., daily to Saturday. For details, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Signs of Spring Walk,” 10 a.m., Saturday; and “Indoor Ed-Venture-Moss & Lichens,” 2:30 p.m., March 27. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, NY 14525, or email email@example.com.