A 10-year-old boy likely saved his older brother’s life Sunday when he had the presence of mind to call for help after his older brother overdosed on a drug behind a warehouse on Roseville Street near Larkin Street, Buffalo Police reported.
The boy used his brother’s cell phone to call 911 at around 1 p.m. and then waved Buffalo Fire Department firefighters over to his brother, allowing them to revive the older sibling by administering Narcan, said South District Chief Thomas Moran.
“He was really something. He probably saved his brother’s life,” he said.
The older brother, an adult, was taken to Erie County Medical Center. Police did not release his name, but Moran said he appeared to be OK.
Tests are under way to confirm whether the overdose was caused by heroin or another drug. Meanwhile, Moran said an investigation is continuing.