Town of Tonawanda
For the second year straight, the Town of Tonawanda Police Club ice hockey team will face off against the Buffalo Sabres Thunder.
The game will be held at 9 a.m. today in the North Buffalo Ice Rink, 156 Tacoma Ave. Admission is free.
The Thunder is a team of individuals with mental and developmental challenges. The team is part of the Western New York Special Hockey Association, wnyspecialhockey.com.
• The Rotary Club holds its weekly lunch at 12:15 p.m. Monday in Jovi’s Restaurant, 2795 Delaware Ave., Kenmore. The cost is $13 and the guest speaker will be Town Supervisor Joe Emminger.
• The Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A work session begins at 4:30 in the second-floor conference room.
• The Ken-Ton School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the community room of the Philip Sheridan Building, 3200 Elmwood Ave.
• The next public meeting of the Just Transition group will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in River Road Volunteer Fire Hall, 39 Kaufman Ave. The group has been working on ways to help Ken-Ton through the retirement of the Huntley Station power plant, including urging the state for financial assistance.
• Registration for the Mustache March 5K footrace and walk through the Village of Kenmore is available at mustachemarch5k.com. The race begins at 10 a.m. on March 19 in Mang Park.